What are the Friends?
The Friends of the Library began in 1994. In 2014, the group celebrated 20 years of service. It donates $20,000 a year to the Library which sponsors children's and adult programs, including the popular summer reading club. The group also offers a $2,000 grant to the staff of the Library. It supports and helps pass local and bond issues for the Library. It also provides service to homebound patrons. With the Friends' help, the Library is able to purchase subscriptions, equipment, furniture, and other materials as needed.
If you become a member of the Friends and volunteer your time, you will be invited to our annual luncheon for Library staff and volunteers. The group also provides other morale boosters throughout the year.
The Friends of the Library Shop is entirely owned, staffed, and managed by members of the organization. It is a great place to buy unique gifts, books, DVDs, CDs, books on tape, puzzles, and more! The hours for the Friends' Shop are:
|Monday||1pm to 7pm|
|Tuesday||10am to 5:30pm|
|Wednesday||10:30am to 6:30pm|
|Thursday||10am to 6pm|
|Friday||10:30am to 6pm|
|Saturday||10am to 5:30pm|
|Sunday||1pm to 5pm|
Print the membership form and bring it to any public service desk in the Library or to the Friends' Shop.
- Seniors/Students (annual) — $5.00
- Individual (annual) — $10.00
- Family (annual) — $15.00
- Patron (annual) — $30.00
- Business (annual) — $75.00
- Lifetime (annual) — $100.00
- Scanner User and Book Research Source (annual) — $30.00
Board meetings are held the fourth Wednesday of every month.
- Tabby Ogrizek, President
- vacant, Vice President
- Marlene Campagna, Treasurer
- Carolyn Jones-Carter, Secretary
- Sylvia Bartlett, Friends' Shop (Books) Director
- Connie Mack, Friends' Shop (Gifts) Director
- Marti Franks, Publicity Director
- Joan El-Bey Kaufman, Hospitality Director
- Verna Lewis, Membership Director